Here's a few things about the à la modes line of stamps:
- à la modes will be available only in rubber
- Each set is produced in the USA using the highest quality rubber, with the deepest etch possible.
- Each image and sentiment is backed on cling foam and scroll cut, making it ready for stamping right out of the bag!
- Packaged in a clear hang bag, we've also provided the ideal storage solution by including a thick laminated header card in each set that can be used to store the stamp set, in its entirety, after purchase.
- $10.95 for the 3 x 4" set.
I decided to ink up the super fun à la modes set Candy Cane Kisses. I stamped it on a piece of X-Press Blemding card stock and I colored it with Copics. I added some Glaze to the boots and some glitter to her hat, mittens and boots.
Now for the confession, I had a bit of an issue with the candy cane. I colored it with Copics and I used a White Gel pen to separate the Red and Green. So far so good! lol Then I tried to add a layer of glaze on top of the White Gel pen. BIG MISTAKE!!! The glaze and the gel pen did not like each other. My poor candy cane was a big smudgy mess! I had to find a way to fix it as the rest of the card was done! I added another layer of color with the Copics, added a few more lines with the White gel pen and then I added a thin line with the Glitter pen. Hopefully, it doesn't look too bad now!
I used Fossil and Red Hot card stock. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly. I used a Candy Cane embossing folder to add a little texture to the card. The ribbon is twill and crochet trim from MFT. I finished off the card with some brads and some Baby Braddies.
Be sure to check out Kim's Blog at 11:00am EST, she will have a full list of designers participating in today's Greatest Hits. There will be lots of fabulous eye candy for you!