It's time for one of my favorite monthly MFT challenges, our DT Creative Challenge. The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create Holiday Home Decor using our MFT Stamps and Die-namics. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.
I created a couple of projects for this challenge using the fabulous Poinsettia Die-namics and the Medium Fancy Flourish Die-namics. The projects I created will decorate my front door for the Christmas season.
The wreath will decorate the front door and the small flower pots will sit on both sides of the door on small window shelves.
I purchased the wreath for about $15.00 at the local drug store. The wreath was fairly plain with lots of pine branches. The ends of some of the pine branches were dipped in glitter making the wreath quite sparkly.
I sponged the edges of the flowers with a coordinating ink, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Classic ink and Encore Gold ink.
I brushed each flower with some glue and I sprinkled chunky glitter on them.
For the larger flowers I used four large flower diecuts and three of the smaller flower diecuts. To create the smaller flowers I used three of the smaller flower diecuts. The flowers were glued to the wreath using a glue gun.
For the flower pots I used a small Styrofoam ball as the base for the flowers. The flowers and leaves were glued to the ball. I used some Jellybean Green card stock for the leaves. The leaves were sponged with Old Olive Classic Ink.
I used the Medium Fancy Flourish Die-namics and Brushed Gold card stock to create the flourishes.
Here's a picture of the wreath on the front door. It was a beautiful sunny day on the island today.
On each side of the door we have tall windows with a small shelf. The little pots fit perfectly on the shelves.
I tried to get a picture of the door and the windows together but the sun was just too bright today.
Here is a quick peek at how I made the flowers. After cutting the required amount of flowers for the pots. I used the fabulous Paper Blossoms Crafting Matt and the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to shape the flowers.
After shaping all the flowers I sponged the edges of each flower. My fingers have been full of ink for days! I really should have worn gloves for this step! LOL I then assembled the flowers using a glue gun.
The final step is to brush glue over the edges of the flowers and then sprinkle glitter on them.
It definitely took some time to cut, shape, sponge, assemble and then add glitter to all the flowers, but the end product was definitely worth all the work and the inky fingers!
Don't forget to check out the MFT blog, I know the ladies have lots of fabulous projects to share with you today.